Sunday, March 4, 2007

BWI flights and next haircut?

Greetings from Bel Air, MD! Flights here were interesting...first, SLC-PHX was late due to a late inbound flight. Turned a 58 minute connection into about 25. But...I got to see the Grand Canyon! From an airplane window, at least. It was off to our right, and I never realized just how large it was. That thing is huge! But it's also really really cool. Now to get to it by land sometime. God is so beautiful!

PHX-BWI wasn't eventful. A bit bumpy at first, we then watched Night at the Museum. Not bad, though it's not going in my DVD collection anytime soon. Lunch was lasagne with shrimp; not bad for airplane food. Got into BWI 15 minutes late, but my bag made it, even with the short connection. Phew! Drive to the hotel took about 35 minutes.

Today, I drove around Baltimore. I hadn't been in Baltimore since 1988, on a Cub Scout trip. It's quite nice in the Inner Harbor area! I also got to finish off the Baltimore Interstate milage I hadn't yet covered (I have an Excel spreadsheet where I keep track of the Interstates I've been on.)

Now...as for the other part of the title, it's time for me to get a haircut. I've gotten a flattop for almost as long as it's been since I last went to Baltimore. What do others think? Should I go for another one, or something else? If something else, then what else? I know nothing about different hair styles; after all, I'm an engineer :-)!

Now off to "enjoy" Aberdeen...

3 comments:

Keith said...

Hey Brian,

Being meaning to reply for a while but things are crazy busy here. Just learned to snowboard with the students. It was a blast.

You are a traveling man for sure. I didn't realize before how much you were on the road.

What happened on your trip to sweeden. I request that as a future posting.

On the haircut. I took to cutting my own hair here in Japan because I have no idea how to explain what I want. "ah, mijikai kudasai" I'm guessing that would result in something scary. ("um, short please")

But I vote for another round of pink hair dye. Ah how I miss my Thursday Night viewings of the Farm and Fleet Flier!

Love ya man!

Michelle said...

Here's what you do - you let your hair grow out a bit - it's got to be pretty shaggy, then go to a more trendy salon and let them have their way with your hair. Don't go to a hoity-toity place - just something better than your basic barber shop, aight?

Anonymous said...

Pink!!!!! If you come here, I'll dye your hair. I'll even supply ice cream. You know you want to....