Saturday, May 5, 2007

Response to some comments

Wow! A fair number people have commented since I've started this thing, so I wanted to respond. Thank you, and keep the comments coming! I'm responding in order I remember them.

Keith, re: post about Sweden. Sweden was awesome! But it would take a lot more than one post--I actually kept a blog on our company's internal-only website. I'll see what I can do.

c the maven, re: Relient K. Yay! Another Relient K fan! I'm glad you've seen the light :-). If you like what you hear from them, I strongly recommend checking out their albums The Anatomy of the Tongue in Cheek and Mmmm Hmmm. I love Relient K, as they've got a great mix of serious/deep songs and humorous songs.

Rusty, re: coming to MCI. Dude, I want to. I really do. Tell ya what: you find people who need to learn how to use MATLAB and are willing to pay to receive said training, and I'll gladly follow up and deliver it :-).

Jenni, re: if I'm coming to IL. Actually, yes! I recently got assigned a training in Rolling Meadows, a Chicago suburb NW of O'Hare. Dates are May 21 - 25. Due to my trip to Austin the week before, I'm not sure if I'll be able to fly Friday & drive down to Champaign like I did last year or not. Would you and Jeff want to come up to Chicagoland that Saturday (5/19)? If they're around, we could get together with Gina & Dave and have a fun night of Phase 10 action!

John K. and Kim C., re: getting together in Baltimore & Dallas, respectively: apologies to both of you. Both trips left me with little to no time to get together :-(. Hopefully next time! (And did you know you could make a Wheel of Fortune-like Before & After puzzle with your names? John Kim Corbett.)

Matt & Leigh Ann, re: Raleigh. The Farmer's Market in Raleigh is cool, so definitely check it out, and make sure to hit the restaurant next to it. If I go back, we'll definitely have to get together!

For all, here's my upcoming schedule:

May 15-18: Austin, TX (may be cut short due to lack of enrollments)
May 21-25: Rolling Meadows, IL
June 4-8: Dallas, TX
June 18-22: San Diego, CA

July-September schedule should be coming out in the next week or two. Highlights include our first ever trip to Fargo, ND!

I'm also planning to take vacation either the week of June 11 or June 25. I'm thinking of going to Seattle, as I've never been there before and I can't seem to get a training there.

And in other news...I've been going to the gym. Yes, me. There is most definitely a God :-)!

Peace out!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Boca Raton is in Florida: http://www.hotelz.com.au/hotel/image/31317/000207A.jpg