Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Want to meet "random" new people?

A friend of mine introduced me to an awesome website last week:

http://www.meetup.com

The idea is that you find people with similar interests and, well, meet up. Anything from games to outdoor activities to books to common locations of where people lived (e.g. an ex-Canadians group.) I just went to my first event yesterday, the "The Illuminated Frisbee Nighttime Throw-Around," up in Cambridge, and it was a lot of fun. The people were great, and we got a game of Ultimate Frisbee going in the dark with a light-up frisbee. No competitive pressure due to the fact that you can barely see each other, so no one can fault you for a bad throw. I think I've had the most fun I've had in Boston in the last week--went canoeing and had ice cream with a friend last weekend, then went up to Harvard Square to watch chess, and now Frisbee-ing. Praise the Lord!

2 comments:

Matt said...

We've done the board game Meetup several times in Raleigh. Definitely nice for meeting people for such activities.

Unknown said...

Stose, Stose, Stose.... Mark would be disappointed with the title of this post!